KIOSK: Ship and Tourist Information System
Where visitors are staying, a bright information board is magically attractive. The effect is even greater if you can easily navigate the screen. dbh Logistics IT AG (dbh) is setting up impressive tourist information systems for “buten un within”.
Ship, tourist and location information
We provide you with the information software for coastal tourist centres and individualize them according to your requirements. We can also organise the selection, procurement and installation of suitable hardware.
The software system consists of two modules that can be used independently of each other:
- Ship information system
- Tourist and location information
Perfect attraction for guests
On a map of the region, the viewer sees symbols for all passenger ships, cargo ships and other ships based on AIS data. Current ship positions and movements are displayed automatically.
Detailed information such as ship photo and information on dimensions, status, speed and port of destination can be displayed for each ship displayed. The user or an automatic time control switch between multiple maps, e.g. from different port areas or waterways.
An event can also trigger the change of display, for example when a ship reaches a defined position (geofencing). Live images of a webcam can also be displayed on request.
Let us consult now
We are happy to advise you and show you the potential for your tourism marketing. Simply fill out the form and one of our sales representatives will contact you. Or call directly. We look forward to seeing you!
More service for your guests
In this module, tourist or location-related information is displayed with particularly simple menu navigation.
Typically, these include regional event information, information on tourist and cultural offers, weather forecasts, tide calendars, timetables and also advertising. With special functions such as newstickers, picture albums, etc., the application can be made even more lively and interesting.
For display in your corporate design and for easy management of the content, we realize the right presentation frame via an integrated content management system. Within this framework, you can easily update and set your content yourself without any further programming. The use of existing Internet representations is possible.
With dbh’s tourist information system, you create real added value
The ship information system as well as tourist and location information are hosted at dbh. This does not create any technical effort for you beyond an Internet connection.
If there is no corresponding hardware on which the tourist information system can be shown, we will procure suitable equipment on request and organize the installation and the turnkey connection.
Requirements for housing design and colour are taken into account as well as screen size, air conditioning, wireless connection and other technical requirements.
Example of an outdoor system
The following hardware could be used for outdoor use:
- Robust, powder-coated steel housing, front frame made of milled aluminium
- Sunlight readable LCD touchscreen (46 inches, resolution 1,920 x 1,080 pixels)
- All-weather capable, protection class IP65, working range from -20 °C to +50 °C
- Integrated heating and cooling
- Industrial PC with Windows or Linux operating system
- Uninterruptible power supply (optional)
- Data connection optionally LAN, WLAN, UMTS etc.
- Remote access for monitoring and system maintenance
In addition to the common definition of the scope and content of the map and information pages, we offer you the following services:
- Advice and optional procurement of suitable terminals
- Support in the definition of technical requirements for construction work
- Installation and commissioning of the software components
- Provision of AIS data including images of the ships
- Training in the use of the content management system
- Hosting and maintenance of the software